Nanjing Lukou International Airport (NKG) is one of the major airports in China that serves Nanjing City. Built in 1995 and opened for public in 1997, Nanjing-Lukou is used as an alternative airport to Shanghai- Pudong, and Shanghai- Hongqiao International Airports. It serves nearly fifty domestic cities and over ten international cities such as Seoul, Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Macau. Some of the airline companies that operate here include Air China, Lufthansa, Mandarin Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, China- Southern Airlines, Singapore Airlines among others.
Nanjing-Lukou International Airport is composed of two terminals, a cargo center, two runways (each measures 3600 M), an apron, 2 control towers and a transport center. Both terminals are connected by 2 taxi-ways while the airport itself is connected by expressways to the neighboring towns. Located adjacent to China Postal Airlines, Nanjing Lukou is one of the main airlines in China that offers pure cargo transportation services across all the major cities in this country, handling cargo and express-mail for the China Post.
The main facilities found at Nanjing-Lukou International Airport include:
• Restaurants and Tea-houses which are located conveniently in Arrival Hall, The Concourse, and the Departure Hall. The restaurants serve Chinese food as well as western cuisine.
• Over ten shops which are spread across the Concourse, Arrival Hall and Departure Hall. The shops sell apparels, bags and local products.
• The Zhong Tu-Meng Tuan-Foot Bath entertainment center which is found in both the arrival and departure hall.
• Three Bookstores found in the Arrival Hall and Departure Hall.
• A car park, which is the biggest outdoor car-park in the whole of Jiangsu Province. Nanjing Lukou Airport’s public parking space has an area of 7 acres and it can accommodate over 2,000 vehicles. There is also a VIP parking space and 24-hour car parking services available in designated areas.
Services offered at Nanjing-Lukou International Airport include Banking, Luggage Claims, Medical Services and China Mobile Services.